(Lab Special updated in 2022-Full Thyroid Panel for only $87)
At Enhanced Wellness Living Functional Medicine Clinic we understand that healthcare is not a “one size fits all” practice and we offer a variety of healthcare treatments to ensure that our patients are building strength, immunity, hormone balance, sexual health, and a lifestyle of energy, vitality, and longevity! Throughout July, August, and September and we are focusing on building a lifestyle of health, energy, and longevity through your thyroid hormone health! Our thyroid impacts every aspect of our health, yet most of us do not truly understand our thyroid health and hormones and how much our nutritional choices impact our thyroid health.
We’ve all heard of our thyroid, most of us even know someone who has faced thyroid health concerns or even thyroid cancer, but do we really understand why our thyroid is so important to our bodies functioning and our ability to achieve optimal health? The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland in the front of our necks which produces the hormone thyroxine. Our thyroid controls how our bodies use energy from food, aka our metabolism. Thyroid health is critical because if you do not have enough thyroid hormone your body processes slow down, if you have too much of the hormone your metabolism over accelerates.
- Regulates metabolism
- Controls body temperature
- Regulates heartbeat
- Supports immune system functionality
- Stimulates blood flow to the brain
- Supports oxygen flow to the kidneys, heart, liver, and skeletal muscles
- Promotes healthy sleep, mood, and mental health
- Regulates how your body burns calories
- Is vital for proper bodily function, overall health, wellness, and longevity…left untreated, thyroid diseases can lead to heart failure and be deadlyOrder your Thyroid Hormone Health Lab Panel Today and Save $88! Now-9/30!
- Over 20 million Americans have a form of thyroid disease, sadly, 60% are unaware of the issue or have been misdiagnosed
- Thyroid issues impacted people of all ages and ethnicities
- Women are 5 times more likely to have thyroid issues than men
- People aged 30-50 are hat the highest risk for developing thyroid cancer
- 90% of chronic disease is related to inflammation
- The inability to get good quality sleep could mean an underlying thyroid health issue or other hormonal imbalance
- Even with proper diet and exercise, if your thyroid hormone is not in balance you will face weight loss challenges
- Thyroid disease is preventable and treatable! A holistic approach, combined with diet and lifestyle changes, will improve your thyroid and overall health! Maintaining a healthy, nutritional diet filled with fruits and vegetables will reduce your risk of thyroid and other diseases!
- Nutritional Health: Eat these fresh foods to support your thyroid and overall health! Asparagus, carrots, leafy greens, avocado, organic meats, salmon/tuna/sardines/wild caught fish, brazil nuts, seaweed, beets, and drink lots of water!
- Avoid these foods: soy, gluten/bread/pasta/rice, fatty and fried foods, sugar, processed and prepackaged foods, and alcohol
Contributors to thyroid disorders, disease, and cancer include:
- Environmental toxicity
- Iodine deficiency
- Grave’s disease
- Exposure to high levels of radiation
- Family history of goiters or thyroid cancer
Hypothyroidism vs Hyperthyroidism
Hypothyroidism–when your thyroid gland is unable to produce enough of the hormone your entire body will slow down as your body is using energy slower than it should. Symptoms include: a constant feeling of cold, cold hands and feet, puffy skin and bloating, fatigue, exhaustion, brain fog, forgetfulness, unexplained weight gain, constipation, dry skin, hair loss, muscle and joint aches and pains, heavy or irregular menstrual periods, and depression.
Hyperthyroidism–when your thyroid gland overproduces the hormone and causes the body processes to speed up as your body is using energy faster than it should. Symptoms include: rapid heartbeat, heart palpitations, anxiety and nervousness, irritability, weight loss, heat intolerance, trouble sleeping or insomnia, weakness in the muscles and joints, vision and eyesight problems, increased appetite, light or skipped menstrual periods, and a visibly enlarged thyroid gland.
Now, more than ever, it is critical that both men and women focus on our nutritional health, physical health, hormonal health, sexual health, and mental health. At Enhanced Wellness Living our goal is to continue to support our patients and to be a source of reassurance, support, education, stress reduction, and wellness!
Kelly Englemann, NP, and Functional Medicine Practitioner, and the Enhanced Wellness Living clinic team in Ridgeland, Mississippi are here to support your wellness and nutritional goals! To schedule your new patient consultation, wellness consultation, nutritional consultation, or any other appointment you may need please contact us at 601-724-7885, Info@EnhancedWellness.com, or the “Get Started” form, on our site.
Always exhausted? Working to get healthy and lose weight but still gaining and not seeing results? Noticing hair loss? Feeling depressed or anxious? Can’t sleep at night? All of these are signs of a potential hormone imbalance.
Our Thyroid Health Special $87 (regular price $175) is an in-depth look at your overall health through your thyroid hormone health. Measuring levels of TSH, T3, T4, TPO, RT3, and Antithyroglobulinan get to the bottom of health concerns such as inability to get a good nights sleep, insomnia, weight gain, fatigue, low energy, anxiety, depression, lack of sex drive/libido, and more.
-Thyroid Specific Hormone-A TSH test is done to find out if your thyroid gland is working the way it should. This test will tell us if your thyroid is overactive, hyperthyroidism, or underactive, hypothyroidism
-T3-Triiodothyronine is a hormone that impacts your body’s metabolism. T3 testing is used to ensure that you are not living with hyperthyroidism, a condition in which your body produces too much of the thyroid hormone
-T4-Free thyroxine is a hormone that regulates body weight, body temperature, muscle strength, and mood
-TPO-Thyroid peroxidase; this test measures the levels of thyroid antibodies in your blood and ensures that your thyroid gland is properly functioning
-RT3-Reverse triiodothyronine aka Reverse T3 is a biologically inactive metabolite. Triiodothyronine is one of the two major hormones produced by your thyroid. Stress can also cause these levels to rise
-Antithyroglobulin-is essential to the thyroid gland and the production of thyroid hormones. This test checks to ensure that your immune system is not causing damage to your thyroid gland
Thyroid conditions such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, impact overall health as well as our sleep, energy, body temperature, skin health, mental health, and more. Measuring these levels can get to the bottom of health concerns such as the inability to get a good night’s sleep, insomnia, weight gain, fatigue, low energy, and more.
Our thyroid gland and hormones regulate metabolism, controls body temperature, regulates heartbeat, supports immune system functionality, stimulates blood flow to the brain, supports oxygen flow to the kidneys, heart, liver, and skeletal muscles, regulates how your body burns calories, and ss vital for proper bodily function, overall health, wellness, and longevity…left untreated, thyroid diseases can lead to heart failure and be deadly.
ORDER YOUR PANEL TODAY! Have questions? Contact us to learn more! 601-202-5978